Thanks to Corona, I finally have time to play around with new recipes in home office lunch breaks on a daily basis. One of my favorite creations so far is my take on the "Mushroom Burger". That's why I wanted to share it with you today.
Ingredients (for two burgers)
- 2 x Potato Rolls / Burger Buns (this recipe is actually pretty good if you want to make them yourself)
- 2 x huge mushrooms (e.g. "Bella Gomba")
- 2 x Slice of cheese (e.g. Comté)
- 1 x Onion
- Lamb's lettuce
- Cream cheese with herbs
- Heat up some oil in a pan, put the mushrooms in it, and cover them with a lid.
- In the meantime slice the onions into rings, wash the Lamb's lettuce and cut the buns in halves.
- Turn the mushrooms from time to time.
- Butter the bun halves and put them into a second hot pan. Turn them after a couple of minutes and - when done - put them aside.
- When the mushrooms are almost ready, turn them stem up, put the cheese slices on top of them and cover it again with the lid.
- Spread some of the cream cheese on the buns' bottom parts and put the lamb's lettuce on top of it.
- When the cheese started to melt, take the mushrooms out of the pan and on top of the lamb's lettuce. Feel free to add salt and pepper as needed.
- Put the onion slices on top of the cheese and close the burger.